31 July 2008

GCLS 2008 - Phoenix!

It's the only by lesbians, about lesbian fiction event of its kind.


And it's my favorite literary event of the year. The organizers have selected a beautiful resort with rooms costing no more than the last two years, and one of my sheroes, Katherine Forrest, is the keynote speaker. She will also be doing an extensive lecture on what editors are looking for in submissions.

It also means I'll get to talk to readers and hug all old friends, make new friends (I'll hug them too) and explore the Phoenix area-- it's been years since I visited. I am hoping to include a pilgrimage to Taliesen West. It was a visit there that inspired me to make Jackie in Painted Moon an architect.

If you love lesbian lit and want a great vacation--this is it. It's one of those all-lesbian theme cruises, well, without the sea sickness.
News about the site, speakers, programs, fun, frivolity, awards gala and attending writers, editors and publishers is released almost daily.
Check out the registration and resort information and mark your calendar.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOOKING FORWARD TO GCLS! I hear you're going to be doing a "coffee with" session, Karin.
MJ

Karin Kallmaker said...

You've heard right -- and my coffee mate will very interesting and fun. Not to mention setting the standard for glamor. When everything is all finalized I'll have the schedule and my "mate" announced here. I'm also planning a follow-up characterization class tentatively titled "It's Not All About You."

Karin Kallmaker said...

It's official -- my coffee "mate" is Georgia Beers.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! So exciting! I've hardly slept since I found out I'm going to the GCLS Conference! To have coffee with you, and now Georgia Beers will be with you??? So awesome! Oh goodness, what to wear!?! This will be a vacation of a lifetime!

Karin Kallmaker said...

You do have to bring your own coffee *g* -- but it ought to be a fun time. See you there, Teresa.

Karin